Camps and Institutes: STEM Camp
STEM: Students currently in grades 3-5 and 8-9 are eligible for our exciting STEM summer camps.
Registration for all summer camps and institutes opens February 5, 2018.
STEM Camp is designed to give students the opportunity to explore engineering careers and technology as they rotate through different classes over a one week program. Students currently in grades 3-5 and grades 8-9 are eligible for our exciting STEM summer camps. (Students in grades 6-7 may attend Tech Adventure Camp.)
Classes for students in grades 3-5:
- Renewable Energy: Use the tool of knowledge and solar panels to create race cars, cooling fans, and more.
- 3D Design and Printing: Using the latest 3D software, students will create designs that will be printed on our super cool 3D Printers.
- Interactive Coding: Learn the language of coding by programming a MakeyMakey GO or a LC Bot.
- Edible Science: Experiments that are so much fun, students will eat them up!
Class for students in grades 8-9:
- Arduino in Action: Use an Arduino board to build an interactive rover to complete a series of tasks. (Students will take home their Arduino and Rover at the end of camp.)
Dates & Student Hours:
Session 1: June 25 - June 29, 2018
Session 2: July 9-July 13, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Students cannot register for both sessions. Session 2 is a repeat of Session 1.
Lake Braddock Secondary School
Students in grades 3-5 and grades 8-9 (during the 2017-2018 school year) are eligible for STEM summer camps. (Students currently in grades 6-7 may attend Tech Adventure Camp.)
FCPS students, county residents who are enrolled in private schools or home schooled, and non-Fairfax County residents are encouraged to register.
Reduced fee and tuition waivers are not available for this elective program.
February 5 - June 10, 2018
Non-FCPS students must provide a copy of the following documents which can be emailed to SummerDocs@fcps.edu or mailed to:
FCPS-ACE, Department A
6815 Edsall Rd,
Springfield, VA 22151
- birth certificate
- medical evidence of immunization
- a most recent 2017-18 school report card
FCPS Food Services provides lunch for $3.25 or students may bring a lunch from home. FCPS students can use their school accounts or pay with cash. Non-FCPS students can pay with cash.
Starting June 11, view the lunch menu by school location. Vending machines are available.
Extended Day Classes:
ACE (Adult and Community Education) will offer academically and enrichment focused week long classes at Lake Braddock Secondary School from 2:30-5:30 p.m. after STEM Camp ends for the day. These classes are an additional cost and student pick-up at 5:30 p.m. is the responsibility of the parent. Register for these camps at the same time you register for STEM Camp.